The perfect video game press kit
Posted by Andreas Zecher
Video game journalists have to cover lots of games, and they don’t have a lot of time. Naturally, you should make it as easy as possible for journalists to write about your games. We have a decent press kit for Spirits online, but it’s not perfect. (Update: Our press kit for Spirits Mac is closer to the list below.)
I asked on Twitter how game journalists imagine the perfect press kit.
Here’s what it looks like:
- High-quality screenshots with human-readable filenames
- Option to download all screenshots in a ZIP
- Embeddable gameplay videos on YouTube/Vimeo
- Full gameplay description
- List of features
- Release date
- Price point in USD and EUR
- Available platforms
- Direct download link on iTunes/Steam
- Developer name and link
- Publisher name and link
- App icon and game logo in high resolution and with alpha channel
- Packshot if applicable
- Awards and nominations
- E-Mail address of team member responsible for press
- No buzzwords
Do you think something is missing?
Get in touch on Twitter.